Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Drop Test


Dropped

I never thought she'd drop me,
I never thought I'd be dropped.
Or that I could feel so empty,
Everyday empty,
No reason for living empty.

I wanted to cook my heart,
Cook it until it was black;
Black as I felt.
I wanted to taste it broken,
Savor its sadness.
I told myself, “Don't over cook it;
Don't dry out the pain.”

I wanted to cut open my heart,
Scoop out the loss,
Eat it until it was gone.
And if you think I'm wearing
My heart on my sleeve,
Well, it's my sleeve.

Most people don't survive the drop test;
When they’re dropped, they break.
And all the king's horses,
And all the king's men,
Can’t put them back together again.

Don't keep any secrets,
Don't keep anyone else's secrets.
Once I was dropped; I broke.
I’m not perfect,
I will never be perfect.

No comments: